We are all leaders. Some are formal leaders with titles, others are informal leaders with influence. We lead at home, church, in our community and at work. We lead our children, our peers, and our employees. If you do not consider yourself a leader you are ignoring an opportunity, even a responsibility, to positively influence those around you. Below are characteristics that are keys to great leadership. Embrace these and be a great leader!
- Hope - Great leaders give people hope for a better tomorrow.
- Consistency - When followers never know what to expect from a leader, they will stop expecting anything.
- Influence - People do not respond well when pushed, forced, or directed. They respond best when influenced by leaders they respect.
- Honesty & Trust - Trust and honesty are established when words and actions match up.
- Accountability - Followers need to see leaders who are willing to be held accountable.
- Humility - As leaders we should be concerned with what is right, not if we are right.