3.21.2022

Just Do It!

 

Yes, it is the Nike slogan, but it is more than that.  I am a renowned procrastinator, just ask anyone on my team (especially my trusted assistant – it drives her crazy)! This MMM should have run three or four weeks ago. I have been talking about getting back out with my Saturday running group since January. I have plenty of logical arguments (excuses) for my delays...

·         One must be 100% confident in their plan to get started, NOT REALLY!

·         Every possible option must be vetted in order to begin, NOPE!

·         The end result must be clearly visible and virtually assured to start a project, NOT EVEN!

We have all heard the phrase “Analysis Paralysis”. It applies to both decision analysis and implementation analysis. Too much analysis kills decision making and hinders implementation. At some point in the process, it is more important to just get started.

Old Chinese Proverb

-          “The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The next best time is now.”

You don’t have to know how fast it will grow, what it will look like in ten years, or if it will provide the right amount of shade. You just need to plant the tree today so it can start growing.

Just Do It.

No comments:

Post a Comment