3.28.2016

Live Music

When is the last time you enjoyed live Music?  Well that’s too long.  Last week I got to see a great Cajun blues guitarist, Tab Benoit.  He is talented and entertaining; his story telling is as good as his music.  While listening I told my wife that live music just makes me smile.  I have no musical talent, none, but I really respect, admire and enjoy those who do.  Music is a powerful thing.  It can bring you to tears or laughter; take you to new places or back in time; open new friendships and strengthen old ones, and it is especially powerful live and in person.  It does not have to be a big name at a large venue.  It can be a local band at a neighborhood pub. We are blessed in The Woodlands with some great music venues including the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion which attracts fabulous national headliners and Dosey Doe which is a wonderful small dinner show listening room.  Find a live music venue near you and check it out.  You will enjoy it and you never know where it will take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment