2.22.2021

Winter in Texas

I have had my fill of being part of “Events of a lifetime”. The latest being the winter storm here in Texas last week. As I write this on Friday afternoon, most power has been restored, but millions in the state are still without water. The plumbers are crazy busy with busted pipes and businesses are just trying to reopen. Even schools were closed all week.

For you out of state MMM readers, you have to understand, it was 10° here in The Woodlands on Tuesday morning. Many parts of Houston were well below freezing for over 48 hours, other parts of the state much longer. Our infrastructure is not built for this. Our homes cannot handle this. The snow was pretty, but the extreme cold is not something we know how to prepare for or deal with.

What’s the MMM message here? I am not real sure. I do know this, next time you find yourself saying, “Now I’ve seen it all”, don’t be so sure…

No comments:

Post a Comment