10.07.2019

Don't procrastinate in the name of perfection.


Do you ever put off doing something because you want to make sure you do it just right?  You know you must do it.  You know it is the right thing to do, but you put it off because you don't think you are ready to do it exactly the right way.  I have a problem with this.  I am a little anal and I want to see things done pretty much perfect.  As a result, I procrastinate.  I put things off until I think I can do them just right.  The problem is, I never get around to doing some of these things because I don't have time to do them perfectly.

Often, it is better to go with something less than perfect than to never go with it at all.  It is better to get something accomplished less than perfectly than to never get anything accomplished at all.  Sometimes, you simply must start something in order to get it done instead of putting it off until you think you have enough time to do it perfectly. 

“Don't be so concerned about wrapping the gift that you never give it.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment