9.16.2019

Lead Yourself First


How well do you lead yourself?  Recently we talked about how leadership starts at home, and it does.  Beyond that however, it truly starts with leading oneself.  It is very difficult to truly lead at home, in the community or at work without first leading yourself.  I find this to be challenging personally.  I encourage and often portray discipline, yet I am not very disciplined myself.  Many of my greatest leadership failures have been related to leading myself and my family.  For some reason it seems okay to let ourselves down but not others.  Truly great leadership does begin at home.  It begins at home with oneself.  When was your last conversation with yourself about you leading you?

Go make it a great week.  Start by leading yourself first!

No comments:

Post a Comment