2.20.2017

Fear

What are you afraid of?  Failure, public speaking, poor health, cold calling, old age, job loss, betrayal, heights, risks, all things that conjure up fear in our minds.  Fear is a great motivator.  When I started my own business several years ago I had a good friend (already a successful small business owner) tell me that he was motivated by fear every day.  He felt afraid of failure and fearful of letting down those who work for him.  Those fears drove him to work harder every day.  Those feelings have motivated me as well over the last six years. 

We all have our fears.  Many of them are business and financial related, others are more personal.  What sets us apart is how we attack and deal with our fears.  Notice I did not say overcome them.  I do not believe that is always possible.  There is something healthy about a certain level of fear.  The objective is to not allow fear to define us or let it paralyze us.  Consider this…

“Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of fear.”
-George Addair


Move past your fears!   Have a blessed week…

No comments:

Post a Comment